Dental Exams in Winter Park
What is a Dental Exam?
A dental exam is a regular checkup performed by a dentist to assess the overall health of your teeth and gums. The exam will typically include a thorough cleaning, an examination of your teeth and gums, and X-rays if needed. At Smile Center of Orlando, we provide comprehensive dental exams as part of a first-time visit assessment and a semi-annual checkup for our established patients. Depending on the exam results, our dentist may also recommend additional treatments.
Why Do You Need a Dental Exam?
Dental exams are important for maintaining good oral health. During the exam, our dentist can identify any problems you may have with your teeth or gums, and recommend treatment to prevent the problem from worsening. Regular dental exams can also help to catch problems early, when they are most easily treated. If you suffer from gingivitis or other gum diseases, your dentist can provide you with a treatment plan to help improve your gum health and advise you to return for more frequent exams to monitor your progress. Your dentist will also recommend regular 6 month teeth cleaning for the best oral health.
How Should You Prepare for a Dental Exam?
There is no special preparation required for a dental exam. What truly matters is that you maintain good oral hygiene habits leading up to your appointment. Here are some tips to help you:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth.
- Remember to replace your toothbrush every four months or whenever the bristles become frayed.
- Limit sugary and acidic foods and drinks, which can damage your teeth.
- If you wear dentures, remove them at night and clean them thoroughly before putting them back in place.
- Avoid smoking which can lead to gum disease and other oral health problems.
We Welcome You to Winter Park Smile Center of Orlando
At Smile Center of Orlando, we dedicate ourselves to providing high-quality, affordable dental care. Our dentists and staff members are passionate about helping our patients achieve and maintain good oral health for a lifetime. We offer a wide selection of services, including exams, cleanings, x-rays, fillings, crowns, bridges, and more. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Creating Beautiful Smiles in
Winter Park, FL
New patients welcome!